Thursday, December 3, 2009

Any makeup tips for (bright orange) redheads?

Basically I have very bright red hair. Many would call it orange. Basically as ginger as you could possibly get. I have no intention of changing it, but does anyone have any tips on applying makeup or chosing colours? I kinda just stick to green blue and brown!Any makeup tips for (bright orange) redheads?
Green eye shadow always looks fantastic with red hair. Go for a really strong emerald shadow to make a feature of your eyes.





Alternativley, No.7 from Boots does a fantastic green liquid liner called Jewel. It's a gorgeous colour and has massive staying power!!!





Go for more neutral lip colour with a slight pinkiness to it.





If you prefer something a little less dramatic, try a pale brown eye shadow with a hint of green. I've got a lovely one from L'oreal but I can't remember the shade name.Any makeup tips for (bright orange) redheads?
I have red hair as well and I understand how hard it is to figure out what colors work well on us. If you have a warm skin tone you would look good in browns, peaches, corals, olive greens, gold and cream. If you have a cool skin tone you would look good in purples, blues, blue-greens or pure greens, browns, silver and white. If you are neutral you can pretty much wear anything.


My basic makeup standby's are: Covergirl eyeliner in Taupe (a light brown), Bare Escentuals eyeshadow in Cocoa (a neutral soft brown) and brown mascara. I also really like Bare Escentuals eyeshadow in Rapture, which is a brownish-mauve. Check out the Just For Redheads makeup, it's all makeup made for redheads, although sometimes I find the eyeshadows to be a bit limited as far as color choices. I would recommend buying some cheap eyeshadow (like Wet %26amp; Wild) in colors that you like and trying them to see what looks good on you.
Ahh! Lucky! I have always wanted red hair. My brothers all have it, but I got stuck with brown :(





But anyways, as far as eyes go, I think green looks fantastic on redheads. Greens, browns, any earth tones will look great on you. I would also go with brown liner and mascara, black will probably look too harsh.





For lips I would probably do just a sheer colored gloss. Reds, peaches and corals would work for you. I would stay away from pink, it just seems to clash with redheads to me.





Here's a few articles on makeup for redheads.





http://www.beautytipsonline.com/makeup_r鈥?/a>





http://beauty.about.com/cs/makeupforredh鈥?/a>





http://www.essortment.com/lifestyle/hair鈥?/a>





Hope this helps!
Start exploring golds and bronzes, and sage greens and khakis
When i read your comment i autuomatically thought Greens and browns ha ha I guess it would be trial and error i believe everyone has a had make up no no but its the only way to see what suits and what doesn't. You haven't said what colour your eyes are. I would try new techniques and what you feel suits you and makes you feel comfortable to wear.
You can do anything but will want to keep it fairly natural. I too am a redhead (auburn) and if you overdue the make-up I have found you look like a hooker.





I will highlight one area-usually my eyes. But if I chose lips then I minimize the eye makeup.
Plum purple would be nice.. stay away from blue, especially light blue. x
Green would look really nice and a little bit of brown
I'm a strawberry blonde and my daughter has red hair





I don't think any colour is out of bounds these days - you don't mention the colour of your eyes but I think if you are going to go with colour, then an idea is to use the colour eyeshadow to match what you are wearing - then it should look good





If you didn't want to go with that then maybe brown tones during the day with black khol on the inside of your bottom lid





Go with the colour of your eyes too





I think we can use any plumy or peachy blusher colours and lippies





Your hair sounds amazing
A large paper bag ?
Try green eyeliner. Green looks really pretty with red hair. Also, some browns and golds. Avoid reds and pinks because they tend to clash.
Now Brown would definitly look hot.
Look up Tori Amos. She has red hair. real and fake. lol. check out her makeup it is awesome.
  • gray hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin cream